While Athens Airport has several lounges, none have designated sleep rooms or rest areas. If you just want to relax in a comfortable seat, check out this list of lounges in our Athens Airport Guide that you can pay to access.
What is there to do in Athens airport for 6 hours?
Here are 8 things to do on a layover at Athens Airport:
- Eat. No matter what time you arrive, you can grab a bite to eat, as several restaurants are open 24-hours. …
- Hang out in a lounge. Airport lounges are no longer for fancy flyers only! …
- Get a dose of history. …
- Go exploring – beyond the airport. …
- Shop. …
- Spa. …
- Get online. …
Does Athens airport have a lounge?
Athens International Airport – Lounges. Seven Lounges operated by airlines or handlers are located at the Departures Level of Athens International Airport. For further information with respect to operating hours, pricing policies and associated airlines, please contact your airline.
How do I get from Athens airport to the city at night?
One way to get from Athens airport to the city is to take the metro. This is arguably the most convenient way to get into Athens centre. The metro runs every thirty minutes. However do keep in mind that it is only operational between the hours of 6.30 am and 23.30 pm.
What can I do with a 5 hour layover in Athens?
5 to 7 hour layover in Athens
- Vouliagmeni Beach. 21-minute taxi. Mooring Restaurant.
- Catch a bus and head straight to Rafina.
- Artemis Beach. 22-minute Taxi.
- Voula Beach. 22-minute taxi. 35-minute metro.
- IKEA. Located at the shopping center ON the airport complex of Athens International Airport.
Can you transit through Athens Airport?
Transit passengers, including those from restricted origins, transferring in Athens from international to international flight, are not required to be tested against Covid-19, nor to display a negative molecular test result (PCR) or vaccination certificate upon arrival in Athens.
Is it safe in Athens at night?
It will be safe at 5pm, most of Athens is safe at night. Just treat it like you would any other city. As already suggested the only area I would avoid is Omonia, I have been there during the day and it is not the best, but it is even worse at night.
Which Lounge is better in Athens airport?
Lounges at Athens airport are, unfortunately, not exactly world-class. However, on our recent couple of visits to the renovated Goldair Handling lounge we found that it’s certainly the best option that the airport has to offer and is a step in the right direction!
Can you shower at Athens airport?
Showers – A reader tells us there are showers in the washrooms in front of the prayer room. A few of the lounges also have showers. See the Airport Lounges section above.
How much is uber from Athens airport to city center?
A taxi from the airport to the city centre will cost 38E (54E midnight to 5am). Uber cost us 24E even at 3am.
How do I get from Athens airport to my hotel?
The fastest option is an Athens airport taxi, which comes at a cost of 38€ per ride. Another means of transportation is the metro, which leaves every 30 minutes and costs 10€ one-way. Welcome Pickups offers meet and greet services and a friendly introduction to Athens at the same price as a regular taxi.
What is there to do in Athens in 4 hours?
Four hours in Athens
- 1 – TEMPLE OF HEPHAESTUS. Temple of Hephaestus, Athens, Kentrikos Tomeas Athinon, Greece. …
- 2 – HADRIAN’S LIBRARY. Hadrian’s Library, Athens, Greece. …
- 3 – A FOR ATHENS. A for Athens, Miaouli, Athens, Greece. …
- 4 – BENAKI MUSEUM. Benaki Museum, Koumpari, Athens, Kentrikos Tomeas Athinon, Greece. …
- 5 – PLAKA.
Is the Athens airport Nice?
It’s definetely nice Athens’ airport. It’s very easy to find anything you want. There are some good restaurants and cafes to stay and there is also a connection with the metro which is very convenient too.
What to do in 3 hours in Athens?
Athens, Greece IN UNDER 3 HOURS
- Acropolis | Athens, Greece.
- National Garden.
- Temple of Olympian Zeus.
- Arch of Hadrian.
- Odeon of Herodes Atticus.
- Monument of Philopappos.