If you don’t mind the cold – Greece beaches in April is the perfect place for swimming. If not, don’t fret! There is no need to forget your bikini and swimming trunks at home, just head to Lake Vouliagmeni.
Is it warm enough to swim in Greece in April?
Yes it is warm enough to go swimming in April. It should also not be as busy as later in the year but would still recommend getting there early if you want a lounger. over a year ago. The water temperature in Crete in the month of April has a difference of two (2) degrees comparing to July , so yes it is fine to swim.
When can you swim in the ocean in Greece?
The sun can be relentless between 12 noon and 5 in the afternoon, so the best time to swim anywhere in Greece is between 9-11 AM and 5-8 PM. The sea is usually very calm in the morning hours, and as a rule the afternoon breeze brings some waves of varying sizes and intensity.
Can you swim in the Mediterranean sea in April?
Water temperature of the Mediterranean Sea in april Where to swim in the Mediterranean Sea in april 2022? … The seasonal average for the water temperature in the month of april is between 51°F and 67°F. The lowest sea temperature measured this month is 46°F and the highest is 69°F.
Where can I swim in the ocean in April?
TOP 8 cities for swimming in april:
- #1 Miami. Sea temp.: 79°F. April : ideal swimming.
- #2 Cancun. Sea temp.: 81°F. April : ideal swimming.
- #3 Punta Cana. Sea temp.: 81°F. …
- #4 Bangkok. Sea temp.: 86°F. …
- #5 Cairns. Sea temp.: 82°F. …
- #6 Riviera Maya. Sea temp.: 81°F. …
- #7 Cozumel. Sea temp.: 81°F. …
- #8 Playa del Carmen. Sea temp.: 81°F.
Is April a good time to visit Greece?
Generally speaking, the best time to visit Greece is during the shoulder seasons – spring (from April until mid-June) and autumn (September- October). During these months the weather is mild, days and long and bright and both the cities and the islands are less crowded.
Which Greek island is the hottest in April?
Hottest Greek islands in April
- Santorini. …
- Cyprus. …
- Crete. Average temperature in April: 19ºC. …
- Paxos. Average temperature in April: 18ºC. …
- Chios. Average temperature in April: 17ºC. …
- Kefalonia. Average temperature in April: 18ºC. …
- Skyros. Average temperature in April: 17ºC. …
- Halkidiki. Average temperature in April: 18ºC.
How is Greece in April?
Spring has arrived, with plenty of bright sunny days, crystal clear skies, and little rain. Athens averages 68 Fahrenheit, but may feel more like summer to visitors from northern climes. Northern Greece is somewhat cooler, and the Peloponnese, Cyclades, Dodecanese, and Crete are a degree or two warmer.
Can you swim in the sea in Greece?
Greece has the best beaches in Europe. … But almost every island has at least a few great beaches. When To Visit Greece: Greek beaches are at their best from late May to early October when there’s great weather and the sea water is warm for swimming. The best beach in Greece is Elafonissi Beach on Crete.
What temperature is the sea in Greece?
Average annual water temperature on the coast in Athens is 68°F, by the seasons: in winter 60°F, in spring 62°F, in summer 77°F, in autumn 73°F. Minimum water temperature (58°F) in Athens it happens in February, maximum (80°F) in July.
Can you swim in Turkey in April?
Swimming in Turkey in april is cool (in the best case scenario) … Swimming in april in Alanya, Antalya, Belek, Dalaman, Kemer, Marmaris, Side, Anamur, Andifli, Boldağ and Cirali is possible but the sea is generally cool. So though the sea temperature may sometimes reach 68°F, it can also go as low as 61°F.
Can you swim in the sea in Sardinia in May?
To say nothing of the long stretches of almost deserted sand (compared to the summer season). The temperature of the sea in the spring is not that of July and August, but you can still swim in the sea in May in the North of Sardinia!
Is the Mediterranean sea warm?
The Mediterranean sea remains very warm, sea surface temperatures well above average. The Mediterranean remains very warm even in late September. … In absolute terms, the warmest parts are the southern and eastern Mediterranean, where sea surface temperatures are still mostly above 27 °C and locally up to 29 °C.
Can I swim in Hilton Head in April?
The best time to visit Hilton Head is April and May as well as September and October. … Summer is also a great time to visit the island, as the weather is perfect for swimming in the ocean.
Where should I go for a beach vacation in April?
Easter 2021 is April 4
- 2.1 The Caribbean.
- 2.2 Cancun, Mexico.
- 2.3 Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
- 2.4 Montego Bay, Jamaica.
- 2.5 Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
- 2.6 Mexico City, Mexico.
- 2.7 Ambergris Caye, Belize.
- 2.8 Panama City, Panama.
What beach is the warmest in April?
Best Beaches in Northern America in April
- Hawaii, United States. 28° 5.8h. …
- Hawaii Island, United States. 28° 5.8h. …
- Kauai Island, United States. 27° 8.4h. …
- Pinellas County, United States. 28° 9.5h. …
- Monroe County, United States. 28° 8.8h. …
- Maui Island, United States. 27° 6.7h. …
- Oahu Island, United States. 28° …
- Texas, United States. 27°