Why is Greece the best place to travel?
Greece is famous for its amazing beaches and clear-blue waters. In addition, the perfect beauty of Cycladic architecture, incredible sunset spots, and warm summer weather makes it one of Europe’s most popular vacation destinations.
Which is the nicest Greek island to visit?
The 5 Best Greek Islands
- Santorini. My favorite island in Greece is Santorini. …
- Mykonos. The best nightlife and clubbing in Greece is found on Mykonos. …
- Crete. The largest Greek island and rich with beaches, historical sites, hikes, traditional villages, small cities, and great tours. …
- Naxos. …
What Greece is famous for?
What is Greece Famous For?
- The Birthplace of Democracy.
- The Beginnings of Philosophy.
- Geometry and the Pythagorean Theorem.
- Western Medicine and the Hippocratic Oath.
- The Olympic Games.
- Drama and the Theatre of Epidaurus.
- Greek Mythology and Mount Olympus.
- Cartography and Map Making.
Why is Greece so beautiful?
Rugged mountains, exotic, pristine beaches with crystal-clear waters, green valleys, quiet lakes and lush forests – Greece has it all. Get the chance to discover different lifestyles and wonders all in one country as the natural beauty and diversity is bound to astonish you.
Which is the prettiest Greek island?
From Crete to Santorini, here are the most beautiful islands that Greece has to offer.
- Santorini. Natural Feature. View. …
- Chios. Natural Feature. View. …
- Kefalonia. Natural Feature. View. …
- Mykonos. Natural Feature. View. …
- Kos. Natural Feature. View. …
- Lefkada. Natural Feature. View. …
- Zakynthos. Natural Feature. View. …
- Skiathos. Natural Feature. View.
How do I choose a Greek island?
Best Greek Islands to Visit based on your preferences
- If time matters, choose the Saronic Islands.
- If partying is all that’s on your mind, choose the Cyclades.
- If you want to experience the best of Greece’s cuisine, choose Crete.
- If you’re an architecture fanatic, chose the Ionian Islands.
Which is the most peaceful Greek island?
Best Quiet Islands to Visit in Greece
- Kasos island.
- Lemnos Island.
- Skinari Beach Ithaca.
- Kythira Castle.
- Halki Island.
- Platis Gialos Beach in Lipsi.
- Village of ‘Chora’ at Samothraki island in Greece.
What is a fun fact about Greece?
Greece is a member of the European Union since 1981 and of NATO since 1952. Greek is one of the oldest spoken languages in Europe since it has been spoken for more than 3.000 years. Greece has about 9,000 miles of coastline. The first Olympic Games took place in 776 B.C.
What are some fun facts about Greece?
10 Interesting Facts About Greece
- Greece is one of the sunniest places in the world. …
- The Greek Isles are home to over 6000 beautiful islands. …
- Greece is home to 18 UNESCO World Heritage Sites. …
- 80% of Greece is made up of mountains. …
- Greece has an impressive coastline… about 16,000 kilometers.
When should I visit Greece?
Best Time to Travel to Greece: Late April to Early November. Best Time to Visit Greece for Good Weather: May to October has lots of sunny weather. July and August are the hottest months. Best Time to Visit Greece for Honeymoon: June and September.
What is the most beautiful country in the world?
Italy is truly the world’s most beautiful country. It flaunts the most inspiring cultural treasures and magnificent scenery, which you cannot find anywhere in the world. Venice, Florence and Rome with their diverse architecture, Tuscany with its rolling hills, vineyards and snow-peaked mountains will mesmerize you.