Direct flights leave from Thessaloniki’s airport to island destinations such as Crete, Rhodes, Santorini, Paros, and Ikaria, among others. Times and dates can be sporadic, so be sure to take this into account when planning your trip.
Which Greek islands can you fly directly to?
Greek Islands You Can Fly to Directly
- Santorini. Natural Feature. View. Add. …
- Mykonos. Natural Feature. View. Add. …
- Corfu. Natural Feature. View. Add. …
- Kefalonia. Natural Feature. View. Add. …
- Lefkada. Natural Feature. View. Add. …
- Zakynthos. Natural Feature. View. Add. …
- Rhodes. Natural Feature. View. Add. …
- Kos. Natural Feature. View. Add.
How do you travel between islands in Greece?
The best way to travel among these islands is by boarding a fast ferry. The ferry travel times between these Greek islands vary from 2 hours to 45 minutes (Paros-Naxos). The three islands can also make an excellent escape from the bustle of Santorini and are perfect options for a one-day trip or a weekend away.
Can you island hop in Greece?
There’s nothing quite like spotting the shoreline from a sun-drenched ferry deck or sailing into a vibrant port. In Greece, getting there is an essential part of the adventure and, thankfully, island hopping is a breeze.
Which Greek islands can you fly directly to from UK?
Are there any other Greek islands than these that you can fly direct to from UK:
- Crete. Corfu.
- Zante. Mykonos.
Which Greek islands can you fly direct to from Gatwick?
EasyJet flies to Mykonos (JMK) from London Gatwick and London Luton, and from Gatwick to Santorini (JTR). The low-cost carrier also operates flights from Luton and Gatwick to Heraklion in Crete, and from Gatwick to Chania in Crete.
Which is the nicest Greek island to visit?
The 5 Best Greek Islands
- Santorini. My favorite island in Greece is Santorini. …
- Mykonos. The best nightlife and clubbing in Greece is found on Mykonos. …
- Crete. The largest Greek island and rich with beaches, historical sites, hikes, traditional villages, small cities, and great tours. …
- Naxos. …
What is the best way to travel around Greece?
How to get to Greece and move around?
- Flights. The most popular way of transport to Greece is, of course, the plane. …
- Airports. The largest and most popular airport in Greece is the International Airport of Athens El. …
- Greek ferries. …
- Cars and car rental. …
- Trains. …
- Buses (Ktel) …
What is the easiest Greek island to get to from Athens?
Poros is a marvelous green island in the Saronic Gulf. It’s a favorite destination for weekend breaks, as it is easily accessible both from Athens as well as through the Peloponnese. The island of Poros is great if you’re looking for an island with strong traditional character and modern amenities.
How expensive is Greek island hopping?
The Greek Island ferries can range from less than 10 Euros to around 100 Euros per person for a round trip. If you’re only going one way each time, this will cut your costs in half, but book a round trip if you’re only visiting two islands. An average ferry will probably set you back around 50 Euros.
Are Greek ferries expensive?
Greek ferries are half the cost of most European ferries, good value considering the distances involved. They are essentially fixed prices proportional to distance, high speed ones twice the price roughly. The same price if booked directly with ferry company or if you buy them in the island ticket agencies.
Which Greek island has the best beaches?
12 Best Greek Islands for Beaches
- Crete: Sublime Sandy Beaches. …
- The Trendy Beach Scene in Mykonos Island. …
- Serene Sheltered Beaches of Corfu Island. …
- Kefaloniá Island: Dramatic Scenery and Secluded Beaches. …
- Kárpathos Island: Beaches with Dazzling Emerald Waters. …
- Lefkada Island: “The Caribbean of Greece”
Which Greek islands can you fly direct to from Heathrow?
For each of these destinations, there is an option to fly from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, London Luton or London Stansted.
Which Greek islands do Easyjet fly to?
Cities in Greece
- Crete Chania.
- Crete Heraklion.
What Greek islands does Ryanair fly to?
Greek Island Airports
- Chania International Airport (CHQ)
- Corfu International Airport (CFU)
- Kefalonia International Airport (EFL)
- Kos Island International Airport (KGS)
- Mykonos Island National Airport (JMK)
- Rhodes International Airport (RHO)
- Santorini (Thira) International Airport (JTR)